background

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Uganda days 3 and 4

So we just got Internet thanks to welch here at Canaan's. The past two days have been emotional, fun, and exhausting. We made it to Canaan's last night and I'm telling you when we got off the bus it was like body surfing- the kids were literally picking us up and lifting us out of the bus.They were so excited to see us! They were yelling Muzungus,Muzungus (white people)! We chatted for a bit and then Had dinner. Today we went to the Amani Baby Cottage. I'll post more in depth when I get home, but my heart was truly broken. Some of the kids were orphans and waiting to be adopted. Others simply have parents who can't care for them. I held a sweet boy who was HIV positive in my arms and just wanted him to know how much he was loved! We held and kissed and hugged so many children! They are truly precious in the sight of the Father. After Amani we came back to canaans and did VBS with the little kids. We then spent hours drawing, singing, and playing with the kids. I also helped Auntie Daisy give her 19 house kids a bath! It was the hilight of my day! They were just so sweet and wanted to hold onto every touch, hug, word and kiss! I am amazed the difference the Lord is able to make in these kids lives through a bunch of Muzungus.

Maybe more tomorrow!
Kristen
Disclaimer: I'm typing from an IPhone... Spelling is not the easiest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment