background

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mother's Day

Have  I mentioned how difficult it is to have time to blog with a newborn? It's my goal to blog once a week, but I haven't done a great job so far...I would much rather be playing with her! I will do better....

Our first Mother's Day together was so special. We went to church and I received the "Mom with the Newest Baby" award- a beautiful bouquet of calla lilies!  This was our first time back to church since Blakely was born and she did great! She slept through the whole service and Sunday School!  After church we had a nice late lunch at Mickey and Mooch! Monkey did great there, too! She is growing so fast and I feel so blessed God chose me to be her Mommy!  Here are a few pictures from the day : 

 I love kissing those cheeks! 


 Our sweet family

 Picture with Nana

Mimi and Papaw



For Mother's Day, Travis gave me a hilarious card telling me what a "hottie" I am. It was really funny and cute! On the back, he wrote a sweet note and then wrote that we were going for a weekend away to the Lodge on Lake Lure. Blakely has had serious colic and her first couple of months of life have been special, but also a challenge for Travis and I.  He asked my mom if she would keep Blakely so that we could have a weekend away to rest and get refreshed. We just went for our weekend and it was so nice! The Lodge was beautiful, the food was delish, and our time together was wonderful. We hiked to Chimney Rock, spent some time on the lake in a canoe and just relaxed. We sure did miss our Monkey Girl though! We couldn't wait to get back Sunday to kiss those sweet cheeks and hold her!  She is the biggest blessing in our lives and we are so grateful for her! 

 Lots of fun canoeing!

View from breakfast

View from our bathroom

Blakely and I also recently went to visit my Grandparents in the mountains. That will be the next post! :-)

Peace and Love,
Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment